Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My first blog!

I have always been curious, or suspicious (take your pick), about bloggers. They are transcendent beings with a plethora of time and passion for various subjects. I have the passion. Time for blogging, on the other hand, is much more ethereal. I choose instead to indiscriminately lurk on any blog or forum of interest. But now, I too am a revolutionary blogger, due solely to my participation in my Mass Media and Society class.
I am taking this class for my enjoyment, since it is neither required for my major, nor part of my GEC requirement. Mass media's ability to connect human beings despite our differences and its psychological influence over us, however, have always fascinated me. As a not quite published novelist, understanding this influence and how to control it is reason enough to undertake this class. But there is a more underlying reason for pursuing this course. After all, if it could convince me to blog, how much more could it transform my life?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome introduction! I'm looking forward to that novel of yours.

    ReplyDelete